Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I'M NORMAL!!! (for once)

So I did something today that was VERY out of character...

I was assigned by my wife to pick up lunch while picking up my son from preschool. I ordered the kids food, then I ordered what my wife usually gets. In a moment of unexpected brilliance, I quickly checked my phone to see if she wanted something else. Lo and behold, she did. Only one problem...

I had already ordered.

My personal issues with the drive-thru have been discussed before. So she's going to just have to deal with eating what I ordered, right?

NO!!!! Surprising myself - and my wife, who later said she thought I was making it up - I corrected my order and got the food that my wife wanted!

I'm not really sure what got into me, but I was able to admit that I was wrong and change my order, ignoring my fear of looking stupid in front of people. I did make a self-depricating-yet-truthful comment about me being a pain in the ass (I couldn't help it), but I still go tthe job done! And my wife truly enjoyed her Big Mac.

Now maybe she won't nag me as much as usual for the rest of this week.
I don't think she reads this blog. Whatever you do, DON'T TELL HER I SAID THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment