Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just Can't Stop

My daughter had a meltdown today because she couldn't continue playing inside a "tent" she had made out of unsorted laundry on the couch. After a few minutes of crying, she went to her room for some cool down time. This was effective, but she was still upset afterwards about not being able to continue her indoor camping trip.

To be honest, I can't remember ever having this type of major meltdown. The only thing I can remember being so intensely attached to when I was a child was video games. I can't recall ever having a huge meltdown because I wasn't allowed to play Nintendo. Although, when I was a kid I was hardly ever told "no" by my parents - perhaps in order to keep me quiet and avoid the exact situation that occurred in my living room today.

Then again, I can't remember much of my aspie behavior from when I was a child. I have to go to my older sisters and my mom for that info. Maybe I'll ask them about this as well. Any type of insight I can gain will help me connect to my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment