Saturday, October 15, 2011

You Know What I'm Talking About

I just don't get it.

I understand when I do something weird, like starting a conversation with someone in the middle of an idea. I know that's strange, but sometimes I just can't help it. It happens. I get that - you don't know what I've been thinking of for the past 5 minutes, and you need a recap. It's just hard for me to waste the time catching you up on what's been flying around inside my brain.

But that's not it. Here's the thing.

The other day, my wife is talking about something that she and her mom were talking about. This triggers a thought in my brain about something my mom has been dealing with recently (which my wife knows about). So I ask her if she has heard anything about it. Her response:

"You know, you started that conversation in the middle again. I mean, I know what you mean, but do you realize that you did that?"

So, if my wife admits to knowing what I'm talking about when I start talking in mid-conversation...

WHERE IS THE PROBLEM????

If she gets confused thinking that I'm talking about her mom, then I apologize and start from the beginning. But I know that she will catch on, and I'd rather not waste my time with the other stuff. She should actually be happy that I think she'll be quick enough to get what I'm talking about.

I deal with these things all the time.

Why don't you understand?
What was that noise? You can't hear that?
How was that supposed to help?
Why are you wasting time?
There isn't a way to do this easier?
Doesn't it bother you that you are wrong?

And, apparently, I am the weird one.

No comments:

Post a Comment